How it works
The DropDown manager function allows you to manage any list in the crm in an easy way.
Makes it easy to import values from database tables or csv files,
KoolSuite has improved the functionality already present in SuiteCRM by making it easy to:
- import of values from csv file
- manual insertion from textarea
- export of the values already present
- insertion of numerical values in the keys of the values
How to use Dropdown manager
Access the edit or creation of a list of values from the SuiteCRM administration
Goto Administration >> DropDown Editor or from Administration >> Studio by modifying a DropDown type field
Now you have two tabs available:
- List Items shows the classic list to change the values of the list.
- Import Items: allows you to make advanced changes
By clicking on the Import Items tab you have the following options:
- Retrieve the values present in the list
- Empty the list of the values present
- Manually enter or copy and paste the list of values
Retrieve the values present in the list
With this option all the items in the list are shown in the editing area. Each line has the key and label separated by a semicolon.
This way you can add items to the list quickly and easily.
Empty the list of the values present
All the values of the list will be deleted. But the changes will not be active until the save is confirmed.
With this function you can reset the values and insert new ones
In the Import Items area the values must be entered in the following way:
- one line for each value in the key format; value
- separate the key from the value with a semicolon
- do not insert quotes or quotes
You can enter numeric values and spaces as key You can paste a table of two columns from Excel, SQL Server or others
When you have finisched to edit list with the Import function you can insert the edited values in the list
The Import function does not save values. To complete, go back to the tab, view the imported values and save with the Save button